Monday, September 8, 2008

Just the Start

Well I've left my old life behind and am beginning a new one. There is only one thing in my life that I left behind that is causing pain.

I'm in Philly. I would try to spell out the name of the city but I don't know how to spell it and don't want to seem stupid. I arrived yesterday at about 5:00pm. I checked into my hotel and showered, then met my roommate, who was also an early arrival. Her name is Michelle. She seems nice. . I think she will make a great volunteer.

Last night her and i wandered and found a nice place to eat a philly cheese steak sandwich. It was delicious, which is strange because I haven't enjoyed meat all summer.
Today I wandered the city alone in the morning which was quite refreshing. I passed a few parks in search of a place to copy some photos. After I succeeded I went back to a park and ate breakfast and wrote in my journal. I like writing, I hope to do it a lot in these next two years.
Training calss today was fun. There are about 40 people in the group. Most are white, most are in lower to mid 20's. 60/40 male/female. A lot of eclectic people and I think there are a few that are gay.


I can't wait to learn more

So, tomorrow is the last day of class.

Publish Post
The following day we get a bunch of shots and then head off to senegal, where the real adventure begins.

Later.

Sheila

No comments: